New Mixed-Use Project Coming to 19505 Grand River
The goal of this project is to meet community demand to make this section of Grand River a walkable destination for dining and entertainment with more diverse housing options.
Our vision is to:
- Beautify and animate formerly vacant, blighted structures with street level retail on Grand River.
- Offer diverse housing options to meet the needs of active seniors desiring to age in place.
- Respond to neighborhood desire for sit down dining with quality, healthy options and community gathering spaces.
- Advance principles of equitable development through development team and contractor selection, accessible lease rates, resident investment opportunities and robust community engagement.
- Build on the momentum of budding commercial revitalization by attracting further real estate investment.
- Offer residential units marketed for active senior living with a mix of affordable and market rate.
- Provide thirty-six 1 and 2-bedroom units (subject to change).
- Devote the entire ground floor to retail programming and community uses including a restaurant/bar, cafe + sundry.
- Encourage current residents and small business to share their ideas for ways to use the three community spaces that will be included in the apartment portion of the new build. To share your ideas contact Program Director Becki Kenderes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313.387.4732, ext.120.