The Grandmont Rosedale community will team up with University of Michigan students on Saturday, March 28th from 10 – 3 PM for the 16th Annual Detroit Partnership Day, (DP Day for short). DP Day is a student-run organization that pairs student volunteers from Ann Arbor with schools and non-profit organizations in Detroit. DP Day is their biggest annual volunteer event of the year. DP Day is a great opportunity to build relationships between the U of M and Detroit communities by introducing the groups to each other through service-learning.
Six sites located within Grandmont Rosedale will receive volunteers on DP Day. Local residents are needed to work alongside the students in order to give them a great first experience in our community. Please choose a location and be a part of an excellent neighborhood tradition. Here are the clean- up sites and the relevant contact people:
- Grand River Cleanup. Volunteers meet at GRDC, 19800 Grand River. Contact Dani Wilson at 313.387.4732 ext. 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Garden. Volunteers meet at Bushnell Church, 15000 Southfield. Contact Pam Weinstein at 313.231.2244 or email@example.com.
- Ramsay Park Cleanup. Volunteers meet at Ramsay Park on Longacre between Grand River and Lyndon. Contact Ed Smith at 313.590.5006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community House Cleanup. Volunteers meet at the North Rosedale Park Community House, 18445 Scarsdale. Contact Clarenda Webb at 313.330.7644 or email@example.com.
- Southfield Service Drive Cleanup. Volunteers meet at 20021 McNichols. Contact Beverly Frederick at 313.387.8117 or firstname.lastname@example.org. *Note: only neighborhood volunteers at this site.
- McNichols Cleanup. Volunteers meet at 19711 McNichols behind Fellowship Chapel. Contact Beverly Frederick at 313.387.8117 or email@example.com.
*Note: only neighborhood residents at this site.
If you would like to help out, but don’t have the time on Saturday, consider donating or loaning cleanup supplies such as trash bags, waste bags, rakes, trash grabbers, weed wackers or gloves.
The enthusiastic and energetic college students are devoting their Saturday to helping clean up our neighborhood. Let’s show them our community spirit by turning out in large numbers on DP Day. It’s a great opportunity for building community as well as cleaning up our neighborhood. For more information or to RSVP as a volunteer, contact Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator contact Dani Wilson at 313.387.4732 x 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.